I have been practicing as a mental health counselor for over a decade. Prior to practicing in Boise, I earned a Master of Social Work degree from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, currently ranked the number one MSW program in the nation. I worked in St. Louis for two years post graduate as a Clinical Case Manager and counselor. Throughout my career I have worked with numerous populations in a variety of settings. I currently focus my counseling practice on adolescents and adults who are experiencing symptoms of anxiety and depression.
While the treatment modality I primarily use is EMDR Therapy, I also draw from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Mindfulness practices. The following are the areas I specialize in, however I have experience in treating a variety of issues and am happy to meet with new clients in order to tailor therapeutic goals to meet individual needs.
Areas of Focus
- Anxiety disorders (this includes Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Panic Disorder with or without Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Social Anxiety)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Depressive disorders (including Post-Partum Depression, Dysthymia and single-episodes of depression related to grief and loss)
- Symptoms of stress related to work, school, and/or relationships
- EMDR Therapy (Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing). To learn more about EMDR Therapy, CLICK HERE for more information from the EMDR Institute or CLICK HERE for more information from the EMDR International Association.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Family Systems Theory
- Adults and adolescents (beginning at age 10)
- Individuals and families
- Emergency and same day appointments are available upon request and availability.
- I’m happy to consult by phone to answer any questions prior to scheduling an appointment.
- I bill insurance as a courtesy to my clients and am an in-network provider for many insurance panels CLICK HERE to see a list of current insurance plans under which my services are covered.
Counseling appointments are anywhere from 30-60 minutes in length. The initial diagnostic evaluation fee is $150.00; the fee for a 30-minute psychotherapy session is $90.00; $100.00 for a 45-minute session; and $120.00 for a 60-minute session. The fee for a family session is $110.00.