I have been practicing as a mental health counselor for over a decade. Prior to practicing in Boise, I worked in St. Louis, Missouri for two years in the field of Social Work after graduating with a Master of Social Work degree from Washington University. Throughout my career I have worked with numerous populations in a variety of settings. I currently focus my counseling practice on adults who are experiencing symptoms of anxiety, depression, and PTSD.
While the treatment modality I primarily use is EMDR Therapy, I draw from many other modalities such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Internal Family Systems Theory, and Mindfulness practices. The following are the areas I specialize in, however I have experience in treating a variety of issues and am happy to meet with new clients in order to tailor therapeutic goals to meet individual needs.
Areas of Focus
- Anxiety disorders (this includes Panic Disorder with or without Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Social Anxiety)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Depressive disorders (including Post-Partum Depression, Dysthymia and single-episodes of depression related to grief and loss)
- Symptoms of stress related to work, school, and/or relationships
- EMDR Therapy (Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing). To learn more about EMDR Therapy, CLICK HERE for more information from the EMDR Institute or CLICK HERE for more information from the EMDR International Association.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Family Systems Theory
- Internal Family Systems Theory
- Individual adults and teens (16 and up) of any national origin, race, color, religion, disability, sex, and familial status.
- Emergency and same day appointments are available upon request and availability.
- I’m happy to consult briefly by phone to answer any questions prior to scheduling an appointment.
- I bill insurance as a courtesy to my clients and am an in-network provider for a few insurance panels CLICK HERE to see a list of current insurance plans under which my services are covered.
Counseling appointments last anywhere from 30-60 minutes in length. The initial diagnostic evaluation fee is $195.00; the fee for a 30-minute psychotherapy session is $100.00; $150.00 for a 45-minute session; and $180.00 for a 60-minute session. Cash pay client fees are $165.00 for the initial eval, $100 for 30 min, $125 for 45 min, and $135 for 60 min.